– My friend Jamie did the first piece of Chocodollar fan art. He also suggested that the name of today’s strip should have been “Large and in Charles”.
– I’ll be at the Beaverton Library Mini Con on Free Comic Day Saturday May 2nd from 10am-1pm. I did this last year and it was a lot of fun. I’ll be giving away stickers and selling books. Come by and check it out!
– I’ll also be at TCAF in Toronto (Canada!) on May 9th and 10th. Find me in the kids section? I think? Anyway, if you live in Toronto please come see me. I’ve never been in that part of Canada before!
– I’m looking for a convention to attend in June or July. Suggestions? I need something that I can either drive to from Portland, take a train or bus to in a reasonable amount of time or (and this is a stretch) a con that will pay for a plane ticket. If any of you have suggestions let me know!
– If you like Modest Medusa and want to help me make more comics please consider checking out my Patreon!
I enjoy reading your work, great work Jake =)
Wait – There’s meat in Chocodiles?
Super vegans don’t do eggs, right? There are eggs in cakes.
No eggs in Twinkies, or Chocodiles. Contrary to urban legend, they don’t last forever, but they do have a longer shelf life than most baked goods, and lack of eggs is the main reason.
Vegetarians come in several varieties, such as ovo-lacto vegetarians who don’t eat meat but do consume eggs and dairy products. Vegans strive to avoid all animal derived products, including non-food items such as leather and wool clothing.
Orphan meat, to be specific. It’s why they’re so sweet and gooey.
lard, in pretty my all the hostess items actually. they put lard in your treat….
You didn’t know? Chocodiles are full of beef!
There’s animal shortening and other such ingredients. That might be enough to make in non-vegetarian, but it’s definitely not vegan (eggs, milk, oils, etc.). Also, Modest might think that vegetarian = healthy.
What? You thought they named them “chocodiles” just for fun?
Ooo, Charles is a vegetarian? I forgot that little detail!
And no more mitten-hands! Fused Modest/Charles has 15 fingers! But only 6 toes, lolz!
Yesss, she has glasses now. My favorite part is that the school supplies are a raccoon.
I totally missed the raccoon! Distracted by Chocodollar’s fingers.
That’s funny school stuff.
Don’t tell Modest Chocodiles don’t exist anymore, there Chocolate Twinkies now
She already knows.
How about the Aikon in Winnipeg, Manitoba on July 17-19? (Canada again!) There’s a great artists section there where you could sell stuff and see people. However, I have absolutely no idea where that is in relation to where you are, so that may be a problem as far as transportation is concerned. :p
Been reading this comic for a long time, it would be great to see your art and other works firsthand!
It looks like a great con but Winnipeg is a little outside my range (coming from Portland) and artist tables are already sold out. Maybe next year?
Bought some the other day, they still say “Chocodiles” on the package, in smaller letters.
It’s not the same though!
After I bought one box of chocodiles, I swear, wherever I go, I cannot find them anymore
They’re weird like that. They’re just not stocked regularly at all.
They are where I am, here in Florida… but I guess I’m just lucky
…is that a cat?
It’s a raccoon. Striped tail, black around the eyes, looks guilty…
Is “Krazyfan” a reference to Krazy Kat? Just wondering, being a kat lover!
Wow, she’s got all of Modest’s and Charles’s best parts!
I love how silly her dream is, racoons for school supplies especially! Jake having his old hairstyle is a neat touch that I didn’t notice at first.
I didn’t notice the racoon! Good catch, she is so funny.
I like the old haiarstyle. It’s more distinctly “Jake-ish”.
Love the raccoon, too!
….you could have taken the tail, and put it inplace of the lost arm. That would allow it to work as a kind of tentacl-y deal.
I still think Chcodollar would make a great 1960’s Godzilla monster. They could team up to fight Gigan and Megalon!
Chocodollar may show up some other places. She may be an unlockable fighter in the new Morat Kombat game.
Chocodiles are vegetarian they contain no meat.