– Modest is a pretty huge MLP fan (as we saw in last years 24 hour comic). Clearly the show has had an influence on her. Maybe not a good one.
– Good news! Pretty much all the Season 2 Kickstarter stuff is finally in the mail. You can read about it all in this Kickstarter update! There’s still a few small things left to do, but it’s mostly all over now.
– I’m trying something new and offering some original hand colored illustrations on ebay. The first one is the X is for XXXbox illustration from the coloring book, hand colored with copic markers. You can check out the auction and all the details here. If this goes well I’ll be offering a new illustration every few days for awhile. The funds will go to paying for tables at conventions this Fall.
– Modest Medusa got it’s start over at Drunk Duck, and I know several of you first found the series there. I still post the comic on Drunk Duck, and that site continues to by Modest Medusa’s second home. Right now voting is happening for the Drunk Duck Awards. MM won Best Comic Strip 2 years ago and Best Adventure Comic last year, and I’d love to see us win again this year. If you’re a Drunk Duck user please head here and vote for Modest Medusa in whatever categories you think fit!
– The July sale continues! Get both Modest Medusa hardcover books for just $28. That’s a $6 savings! I’m also including a pack of stickers with each order. Click here to visit the store!
I wrote that in Aphrodite’s Book of Secrets 6 years ago! Well, my exact words are that “Friendship is the magic of life!” It is nice to know that great minds think alike. CU *is* magic!
We’re on the same page anyway.
Before scrolling to the strip title I was thinking that you had turned Modest Medusa into My Little Pony. Sheldon Cooper designed a flow chart for making friends – friendship can’t be magic because it is obviously science.
“My name is Science.”
“Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.”
Oh no, bronies are coming 😉
There was a much earlier comic where Jake had a few of the pony dolls. Hopefully this little reference blows over too.
You seem to have missed the title-text of this strip.
Eek! Get them away! Wait… *glances at avatar* Uhhh… Its too late to escape…?
I shoulda knowed. MLP is the very apotheosis of evil. Beware!
I’d suggest the word “antithesis,” but to each their own.
No! Don’t split the party! No good ever comes of that.
Oh, why not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ
we’re not evil you’re evil ponies forever
OH MY GOD THAT WAS PERFECT!!!!
Hmm, it might help if they had some evidence to back up the claim of ‘he is a good guy, really! He just sometimes gets brainwashed into doing bad things by Momdusa’. But how do you prove that?
MURDER HORSE IS NOT A PONY!
*snort* If friendship is magic, I’m best friends with a fireball! >3>
But they are so warm and friendly!
I cannot believe you just did that Jake becauseof that one comic everyone i know will hear about it and spam your email endlessly
Mind and will control over the Knight of Chains is also magic.
Longtime reader, first-time poster, so let me say I love this comic.
Second, my brain just exploded trying to envision the Knight of Chains as a My Little Pony-type pony. Especially because his cutie mark would be a chainsaw.
And from your name, I assume you’re also a Gunnerkrig reader.
Yeah, someone actually drew that. And it was murderously adorable.
Just how long had you been planning THIS joke?
Dammit Jake! Why’d you ruin a good series like this with a reference like that? I’m hurt.
^-^ /) BROHOOF!
So cute…so magical…I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!! =D
My little Medusa would actually be more hilarious than my little pony.
No. Just no. I mean, friendship is magic, but Knight has a LOT of redemption to serve.